Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Diary of an Ubly Resident

Log that I am keeping regarding the wind turbine noise and my thoughts....


12/22/08

I feel that it is a sin to subject people like us to the sound of jets and whoosh for the rest of our lives. When the wind turbines are running, which is almost all the time if they are facing to the south and west or east and the wind is not low, it is very intrusive to our quiet life we have lived here near Ubly. Of course, cars and trucks go by, but there are long intervals between this happening. At the least 5 minutes or longer between big trucks. At night just a few big trucks. I have not heard the wind turbines in my house, thank God it is insulated quite well. But in the summer we like to open the house up and we will have to listen to the jets 24/7 which is what I told the zoning board, but they refused to listen, greed was in their eyes and sly smiles on their faces. I know the look of greed and it is scary. Just look at what happened to our country. Greed has taken over. My health, at this time of my life, is fragile. If I find out what is wrong I will write it down here. I have great difficulty sleeping and mostly do not get the proper sleep. I survive in poor health with this problem. With the wind turbines, it just might kill me. May God forgive the greed that brought these wind turbines so close to us. I am sure I am not the only one bothered. I am not looking forward to the summer and walking around our property with our dog every day like we usually do. We have heard through the grapevine that one person near the windmills has a strobe in his house sometimes. It is very bothersome. Also a farmer in the area of the windmills is having a hard time adjusting to the noise. We also heard that a person in town had trouble sleeping because of the windmills. How often was not told.


12/31/08

The wind turbines were off for some days after the big winds that happened when we were without power for 4 days. This wind sheared off two light poles south of our house and they were not repaired for 4 days. We were without heat, lights and water for those 4 days. The wind turbines continued to run throughout this wind and went for several days. Gusts were up to 50 miles per hour per the TV news and probably higher to knock down two light poles. I remember being told at a zoning meeting by the representative of Noble Wind Farms that they would be shut off when wind speeds were that high. They were not and continued running day and night throughout these high wind days.


1/16/09

Just a note about the Commissioner’s agenda on what they need to work on in 2009. The wording is so very trying to hide an agenda. It says “Develop plans to use more green energy in Huron County to benefit everyone living in Huron County.” Well, we all know that this is wind turbines, will benefit a few of the farmer’s who sign up for them, and that the rest of the county will be paying higher electric bills for this green energy that is not a cost-saving way to produce electricity. Listening to the jets is another thing people will have to cope with. How they have a play on words?


1/18/09

It seems like if the wind is from the direct east and probably from the west with a little north the whoosh sound will be a problem. The jet sound is there in most west wind from south or north. 24/7 jets is what I feel we have to look forward to with the whoosh sound when wind is directly from the east. We shall see.


3/2/09

It seems like something else I heard has come true, that all people are not affected the same. Today, when I stepped outside I heard jet sound surrounding all areas of the sky. My husband said that he heard jets at first when the wind turbines were up but now he hears a whoosh, whoosh. Perhaps I don’t hear the whoosh because I am inside a lot more than he and it is winter and the doors and windows are closed up. I wonder what will happen in the summer when I am outside or have window up. Just a thought. My friends, who either don’t hear the wind turbines or just don’t care about it (unlikely), seem to have abandoned me. They don’t want to hear about it anymore. If it was my friend, I would care about it. Unless, of course, they think that I am lying about it and don’t even realize I try to tell the truth. I do hear these wind turbines, jet sound and whoosh. Just don’t know yet what it will be like in the summer when my windows are open. Can I put up with it? Don’t know yet, I will ask God to help me survive this.