Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Diary of an Ubly Resident...

November 04, 2009

Woke up about 4:00 a.m. with pounding pulse in my head. When I looked outside at dawn the wind was from the northeast and that is the way the wind turbines were facing, right toward our house. It may be the answer, as the east wind and north wind have been happening quite a lot recently. I will keep this log of when my head is pounding. One night got ready and in bed and my head began to hear this pounding, to the speed, I think, of the wind turbines. I tried to move to a chair and then move the chair backward from the windows but it continued. I then tried to pull the chair through the door to another bedroom, but it was too big so had to get my husband up and we had to pick up the chair and turn it backwards. Got into the chair in a bedroom down the hall at the opposite side of my bedroom but when I tried to lay in the chair, the pounding started again. I finally fell asleep much later, when I awoke in the morning I had a headache.


November 19, 2009

On Nov. 11th, the same thing happened again. I got into my bed and the pounding started, I am starting to hear it before I get into bed. I had to put cotton in my ears and take a Advil Night pill to finally fall asleep after an hour of trying. I am losing much sleep because of this. On Nov. 12, same thing only my husband gave me a set of his rubber ear plugs that he uses when shooting his gun, I still needed to add cotton over these ear plugs, but the pounding was still in my head, just not as loud. This is a horrible thing to have to realize that you will be one of the many who cannot sleep in their own homes. It is very disheartening.

 

Tonight I plan to use the plugs, and ear pads that are used for shooting, I have a feeling this won’t work either because it seems to be inside of my body, not on the outside. All who read this, please pray for me and all the other people going through this problem.

 

I am trying to figure out in my mind why this would happen after almost a year of these wind turbines going. What is different about these November days from other days, as I have never had this pounding sound in my house. Still have not heard it in the downstairs of my home.

 

My conclusions so far are:

 

1. We took down two big trees from the east and on the south side of our home. Maybe the noise from the wind turbines were going to those trees, and when the wind took down some big branches we worked on cutting them down and they are gone. With no where to go, the sound decided to hit our house.

 

2. Maybe John Deere upped the speed of the wind turbines, so that they are bothering me in my home. The wind has also been from the northeast at these times, I think, as in the dark it is hard to tell. But I am almost sure that this northwest wind could also be the problem.

 

3. Someone said that a new plant for drying corn has been erected on a side road east of us and maybe that sound, which some people say bothers them is coming into my home also. This is the most unlikely to me, but if it stops after the corn is all dried, maybe I will have some relief.

 

Any comments from people would be helpful. Life is getting worse around here and this is quite distressing.

 

December 02, 2009

After waking up with a bad headache on top of my head for a couple of weeks, it has slowed down some. The wind is not as strong, very calm for a while, maybe that is why. I now go to sleep with ear plugs ready to put in, which I do almost every night. Also bought an acoustic head set that I guess is supposed to keep out sound. It is ready to wear if it gets too bad. When it was so bad I wore this headset for a few nights. It has now been a week  that I have been able to sleep without too much of a problem. But I always wind up putting the ear plugs in in order to fall asleep. I hope this does not hurt my ears wearing ear plugs all night.

 

I have a friend down the road who said that I can go to her house to sleep if I can’t take it. It seemed that I was compelled to ask her because I didn’t know how much longer I could stand the big pounding in my upstairs, and downstairs also. During the day I do not hear it so much, but it still must be there and that is why I always have a slight headache and it is probably working on my body and I don’t even know it. The headaches have not been as bad as before.

 

Went to the Public Service Commission meeting in Lansing on a bus with other people who are concerned about these wind turbines and how close they are to the homes. The commissioners (3 of them) were not even there. They taped everything to show them later. They probably are afraid of us and what we might say to them.  They should be as they are making decisions for our life that will probably kill some of us. How can their conscience not bother them over this. I am sure they know that in Europe they have to be at least a mile from people, but here only 1000 feet. The devil is alive and well in our government. Greed in the root of all evil, a statement that I now understand.

 

I told them what I have been through for 2 weeks and do not look forward to more of the same. I said I was their collateral damage, like our soldiers are in the bomb explosion and so are the people who are nearby and die from these explosions. I think war is a terrible thing, and Obama is wrong to keep it going.